M&A; Coming to Digital Home Battle: Forrester Research breaks out the crystal ball in a report entitled “The Batle for the Digital Home.” According to this article, the battle for the living room will continue to be a fragmented marketplace. The report predicts the following:
* A joint venture between the NFL and FOX to create an immersive experience where sports fans can select camera angles and split-screen content.
* Sony’s acquisition of Clear Channel to combine Sony’s music and devices business with Clear Channel’s radio stations to offer personalized, time-shifted digital radio.
* Google’s acquisition of TV Guide’s interactive program guide allows it to deliver a best-in-class personalized media application — video search.
* A partnership between Microsoft and BellSouth, Verizon, and SBC to provide an operating platform for IPTV.
* Disney’s acquisition of Electronic Arts. With EA’s sports games, Disney/ESPN becomes the premier sports brand on PCs, TVs, and game consoles.
* Apple’s acquisition of TiVo provides it with a service platform for TV and video on-demand.
Looks like some pretty major changes may be in the making for the digital landscape of the future… that is if you believe these kinds of reports.