Note the photo of this Yahoo advert on the side of the bus originally read “The internet is under new management, yours” — I hacked it to make it read “The internet is under new management ours.” This is meant as parody.
Apparently Yahoo is suing Facebook. All Things Digital broke the story here. More coverage from Venturebeat.
Complaint for Patent Infringement
These are the specific patents that Yahoo is suing over according to the lawsuit document.
1. 6,907,566 Method and system for optimum placement of advertisements on a webpage.
2. 7,100,111 Method and system for optimum placement of advertisements on a webpage.
3. 7,373,599 Method and system for optimum placement of advertisements on a webpage
4. 7,668,861 System and method to determine the validity of an interaction on a network
5. 7,269,590 Method and system for customizing views of information associated with a social network user
6. 7,599,935, Control for enabling a user to preview display of selected content based on another user’s authorization level
7. 7,454,509 Online playback system with community bias
8. 5983,227 Dynamic page generator
9. 7,747,648 World modeling using a relationship network with communication channels to entities
10. 7,406,501 System and method for instant messaging using an e-mail protocol