Photophlow Rocks

Photophlow Rocks

Spent a few minutes checking out Photophlow this afternoon. And wow, really love this. Photophlow was developed by Neil Berkman and striatic and it turns flickr from a static sort of photosharing site into a dynamic interactive experience complete with chat.

It’s hard to describe, but basically users congragate in chat rooms where they submit and discuss photos, can post to their twitter streams, can add contacts, fave photos etc.

The service uses the Flickr API to deliver a radically different and interactive version of Flickr.

The experience itself is very cool for someone like me. It’s a sort of hyperactive interactive visually stimulating community gathering of sorts. Real time. Real chat. Etc.

I’ve only just started using it today so I’m definitely a newbie, but plan on hanging out over there a bit more as I have time.

I’ll try to write up more on the service later, but for now I’ll just say that this is the most exciting and innovative thing I’ve seen in photosharing in a long, long time. Click through the photo above and view large to get a sense of what the site is about.

The site is invite only for now. I’ve got three invites. If you want one let me know your email address and I’ll invite you. First come first serve.

Update: Just gave my three invites out to the first three commenting on this post. I’ll try to send out more later when I get some.

Update #2: Phat Photographer also reviewed Photophlow as well here.

Update #3: Ok, Neil loaded me up with some more invites. I just invited everyone else who commented that want one. If you need one just leave a comment and I’ll get you one until I run out of these.

1. Andrew Mager says:

Can’t wait for an invite! Nice writeup :)

2. mdoeff says:

I’d love to try this out. mdoeff at gmail dot com. Thanks!

3. Lans Hobart says:

Great post! I’d love to try this out if you still have an invite.

4. suden says:

Looks like I’m one post too late, but if you happen to wind-up with a spare, my email is suden@mac.com
    Many thanks!

5. I did see PhotoPhlow 2 days ago in a trackback on one of my photos……

I was intersted then, but didn’t take the time to sign up for their beta… it looks really rocking, and i’ve seen it show up in people’s twitter’s as well. I look to check it out more soon!

Adam
    /acmephoto (twitter, flickr, etc)

6. I am also enjoying photophlow. I also blogged about it here a week ago: http://phatphotographer.com/?p=61

7. Photophlow says:

Thomas – you have 15 new invitation.

All – I recommend watching this video before using the site:

Also you may be interested in checking out some of the most recent features including Twitter integrations;

8. id says:

I’m excited to try this out. Just starting to make flikr work for me.

9. Jon of SMA says:

It is a great extension to flicker and it think the above comments are all right on.

10. Allison says:

I’d love to try it, if you’re giving out more.

I really like your work. Your street scenes are wonderful.

11. Greg Furry says:

Thomas, I would love to check it out if you get more invites.

12. techky says:

Would appreciate an invite as well.

Thanks

techkys at gmail

13. steelsun says:

Would like an invite as well, looks interesting.
    steelsun (at) gmail.com

14. Joe Bruzzese says:

Thomas if you like photophlow you will love voicethread. (voicethread.com) I stumbled on it this morning while reading through the blogosphere. Enjoy.

Joe Bruzzese

15. mikel says:

This actually looks like the original version of Flickr more than anything else. That’s a good thing, because those few of us who used it loved the original chat-based Flickr tools – and now it seems that more will get their chance.

But that’s just based on the demo – I’d love an invite if you have one left.

16. EricAppel says:

Invite please! Looks to be one of the most creative/innovative uses of the Flickr API that I have seen.

17. Marcin says:

I’d love to get an invitation if you have any left. rrrodrigo at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Eric, invite on the way. Of course SmartSetr is another one of the most innovative ways I’ve seen the Flickr API used and one I use most every day myself :)

19. Theodore says:

This is very creative… I’ve been frustrated at the sometimes slow pace of Flickr groups for feedback. For some reason, this feels better…

20. mikanboy says:

it’s amazing to see what flickr has enabled by opening their api. would love to try this out. mikanboy at gmail.

21. I’d be grateful for an invitation – roland dot dobbins at mac dot com.

Thanks so much!

22. An invitation would be nice. Thanks, Thomas.

…from

flickr
    at
    DN
    SF
    dot
    com

23. PeterBoden says:

I’d love an invite Thomas if you have any remaining. peter.boden _at_ gmail _dot_ com.

Thanks!

24. nevnet says:

If I’m not too late would love an invite please…
    neville at urgentmail dot com
    Great blog btw. Any other Scottish readers out there?

25. Kevin says:

I’d like an invitation too, thanks Thomas! kevinlau at yahoo dot com

26. I’d like to try it. I’m sure I’d snag an invite if I asked around, but if you’ve got ‘em.

27. Atakan E. says:

Hi Thomas,

This looks interesting.
    Do you still have invites?

atakan (at) kendimenotlar.com

Atakan E.

28. Very cool concept! I’ll wait until it’s out of beta, but I’ll be sure to place the site on my watch list.

29. Starmile says:

Very cool. I’d love an invite if you still have any.

jsniel on gmail

Thanks!

30. Mike says:

This may make flickr worth using again……… Thanks in advance for the invite

mike.e.berry@gmail.com

31. monkeyleader says:

looks interesting … would love an invite ..

32. Steven says:

Looks pretty interesting, would like an invite if you have any spare. TIA.

33. chendur says:

please send me an invite too!! looks interesting..

chendur AT gmail Dot com

thanks

34. Arib says:

invite please
    aribronstein at gmail

35. chromatist says:

me too please :>
    If there’s any left…

chromatist at gmail dot com

36. I’ve been pimping this out despite not being able to try it. I’ll take one if you’ve got it! sixintl at gmail

37. cdfnchico says:

I’d love an invite, if you’ve any still left….cdfnchico (at) gmail
    thanx

Brother, can you spare an invite?
    ggrell at pobox dot com

39. Steve H says:

Hi Thomas, would love an invite if you have one spare.

stevesgotmail at gmail dot com.

40. Chini says:

I did sign up for their invites on the site, but if you have any more left, I would love to get one now :) (chiniwilli at gmail)

Great photos and thanks for the 10 (plus bonus) tips DSLR you gave on Mahalo Daily. As an aspiring amature digital photographer, they helped me a lot!

Chini

41. rodeopro says:

I would love an invite, do you have any left?

42. Prakaz says:

Hi Thomas.. would like an invite, if you’ve got any left.

Thanks

43. evandoty says:

Thomas- I’d love an invite as well, if any are left.

Thanks!

evan dot doty at gmail dot com

44. Me too,I’ve been pimping this out despite not being able to try it.

45. […] » Thomas Hawk Photophlow Rocks […]

46. […] experience back into a small circle of contacts and friends chatting live and sharing photography. I’ve blogged about it in the past here. Flickr is Flickr and Flickr will always be the community that it is. Even as it grows and gets more […]

47. […] experience back into a small circle of contacts and friends chatting live and sharing photography. I’ve blogged about it in the past here. Flickr is Flickr and Flickr will always be the community that it is. Even as it grows and gets more […]

48. […] experience back into a small circle of contacts and friends chatting live and sharing photography. I’ve blogged about it in the past here. Flickr is Flickr and Flickr will always be the community that it is. Even as it grows and gets more […]

49. […] experience back into a small circle of contacts and friends chatting live and sharing photography. I’ve blogged about it in the past here. Flickr is Flickr and Flickr will always be the community that it is. Even as it grows and gets more […]

50. […] experience back into a small circle of contacts and friends chatting live and sharing photography. I’ve blogged about it in the past here. Flickr is Flickr and Flickr will always be the community that it is. Even as it grows and gets more […]