New Microsoft TV Ads are Pretty Cool

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWk8ouioXgE]

Microsoft’s out with some new ads aimed squarely at the Apple ads which portray PC users as sick, virus laden, backwards suits. The new ads try to show PC users more as everyday human individuals each with their own unique flair on life. I thought that they were really well done and hats off to Crispin, Porter + Bogusky who came up with the ads.

They included a graffiti artist in the ads which I thought was pretty cool. Also a few celebrities are sprinkled into your more everday people shots.

Lots of comments on the new ads over at TechCrunch.

No Comments

1. Robert says:

Hi,
    I’m a PC and I use Linux!

2. Brad says:

Sure beats those really really awful ‘Springsteen’ ripoffs.

3. Jeremy says:

the add actually reminded me of Apple… hmm is that good for Apple just the fact that I thought about ’em?

4. Ugo says:

John Hodgman is not a PC user, he’s a PC. Justin Long is not a Mac user, he’s a Mac. The Apple ads are not making fun of PC users (or Windows users, for that matter), they are depicting PCs as boring, somewhat predictable (but ultimately undependable), business-type machines. This has nothing to do with PC users, so the MS ads are very much off-target, as a rebuttal.

Yes, they are cool ads, in themselves, but obviously MS (or their ad agency) didn’t get it.

5. TranceMist says:

Those ads are so lame.

6. Frank Wick says:

It simply isn’t effective. If one were to look for an edge or motif it is simply the fact people are repeating a statement. As an ad its plain and borrowed from any number of commercials from years gone by. Sorry. I am not a PC. I use one though.

7. jase says:

As ugo said, these ads are off target. All these ads will do is remind people more of apple