42 Photo Groups for Awesome Abandonments From The WebUrbanist

I Thought I Knew You
Abandoned 16th Street Train Station, Oakland, Ca

42 Photo Groups for Awesome Abandonments | WebUrbanist

The WebUrbanist has a great run down on 42 different groups devoted to abandoned imagery on Flickr. I’ve long loved photography focused on abandonment and plan to check a lot of these groups out in the next few days or so.

To complement the WebUrbanists 42 Flickr Groups devoted to abandoned imagery post, I thought I post 42 great abandoned imagery sets worth checking out on Flickr:

1. Patrick Austin’s Detroit UrbEx Portfolio
37. Visual Distress’ Abandoned but not Lost collection
38. : : deNNis gErbECkx : :’s Beelitz Heilstätten set
39. DanielKHC’s Urban Decay set
40. ~EvidencE~’s Industrial Decay Spotlight
41. helveticaneue’s pennhurst – assembly building
42. stepeg’s The Other Side of Decadence set

Update: I put together a small set of my own of abandoned photography here.

No Comments

1. EvidencE says:

thanks for the mention
    EvidencE

2. EvidencE says:

thanks for the mention

EvidencE

3. MikeB says:

Thomas, I love urban photography do thanks for the links! Here is one of my favorites.

4. Andy Frazer says:

Thomas,

Thanks for the link to some of my night photography of abandoned sites. Your list is a gold-mine of great photographs. It’s going to take me a days to dig through it all.

Thanks!

Andy Frazer

5. Mark says:

Thomas, thanks for that awesome list. I’ve always thought abandonment photography was cool, but I didn’t realize how necessary they are. It occurred to me, after I looked through a few streams of Detroit, that these old, cool buildings need to get photographed for historical purposes. I reference Scott Bourne’s post about Icons on TWiP. I believe this also applies to buildings. Until today, I hadn’t even considered that.

6. Great list. Thanks for including me in there. 🙂

If you are a beginner RC helicopter pilot, then the best power source for you is electric. Electrically powered chopper engines are still very fast, but yet still quiet, and can maneuver just as good a full sized fuel powered one! Another main attraction to electric helicopters is the fact that you don’t have to deal with messy fuels or with tuning the engine at all. Plus fuel cost money and electricity is much cheaper. If you are a beginner then I definitely recommend that you get an electric powered RC helicopter and then progress your way up to a glow powered one. Psychology research at Hamilton’s McMaster University shows gamers who spend more than four hours a week playing action video games such as Medal of Honor and Half Life 2 have a surprising array of skills ranging from quick reaction times and good spatial reasoning to a strong awareness of their surroundings and better short-term memory. Ultra-Light weightled Tactical Light Uses Power led to Deliver 80 Lumens. Individuals who play action video games on a regular basis – more then four hours a week -appear to be very good at an astonishing variety of skills, said Karle.