Scobleizer Version 3.0, Welcome Milan William Scoble

Welcome to the World Milan William Scoble, #8Welcome to the World Milan William Scoble, #11Welcome to the World Milan William Scoble, #15William Meet Milan WilliamWelcome to the World Milan William Scoble, #12

Well if Robert Scoble is the original Scobleizer and his first son Patrick is Scobleizer version 2.0, then early this morning we got version 3.0 in the form of Milan William Scoble who arrived on this earth 9 pounds and healthy.

I had an opportunity to go down to Stanford and visit with Robert and Milan this afternoon and it was really something. I didn’t get to see Maryam because she was still recovering after a very, very, tough labor. I’m not going to get into the details but it was long and hard and painful. But everybody’s healthy and the final result is this beautiful, beautiful healthy 9 pound baby boy Milan.

There is something special about holding a life in your arms that is less than 24 hours old. I held Milan for a bit this afternoon while visiting with Robert and my heart just about melted. Milan is an amazing child. He was incredibly alert while I visited. He was awake and taking in this great big world.

It was really nice watching Robert with him. As a father myself I know the so intense emotions and love that come with the birth of a child and there was a peacefulness with Robert as he held Milan gently in his arms and kissed his baby boy and when the tiny baby cries would start he’d shhhhhhhhh… and quiet his son down.

I took a bunch of shots of Robert and Milan and later Robert’s dad William who arrived and got to see his new grandson for the first time. Milan’s middle name William is named after Robert’s dad.

Robert hadn’t had very much sleep and although there is no way you can compare that to Maryam’s massive feat of actually delivering Milan he was certainly tired. But even tired I could see the happiness that came from Robert as he sat there with his son. This quiet peacefulness and this proudness that I saw in him for his new baby boy.

The world is rough. I hate that so many babies are born in this world into tough situations. Which is why it gives me such joy when I see babies born into loving stable families who will nurture them and give them every advantage in life that all babies deserve. Milan is one of those babies. He comes into this world with two great loving parents, a proud older brother Patrick, and lots and lots and lots of other friends and family who will love him and help nurture him as he grows. This afternoon was a very happy one for me.

I wish Maryam a speedy recovery and welcome to the world Milan!

To see my set of photos of Milan this afternoon click through here.

No Comments

1. Karen says:

Beautiful post, Thomas.

2. Very touching

On a side note, zooomr has gone crazy – it went all 404 for a while and now it redirects to some nokia blog

wouldn’t this be 2.1 or 2.0b?

4. Drew says:

Great post Thomas. And even better photos. I posted about your photo set on my blog and found my fav from that set. Great stuff. Here’s to a speedy recovery of Maryram.

I especially liked your last part of the post. As a soon to be father (october 20th is the due date, you wanna come photograph the 1st 24 hours? J/k) I notice more and more the tough situations that are affecting the children all across the world, and I wonder how people who have so much love to give sometimes have such a hard time having kids while people who don’t care multiply like rabbits. It saddens me to hear the stories of abuse that are spread across the news each and every day. I am glad to read a good story of a nice loving family. Welcome Milan. I love the title of this post too. Very cool.

5. Karoli says:

Beautiful post and photos. Really touching.

6. Mike D says:

Wonderful post Thomas. I just went through this almost 8 months ago with my son Griffin. Congratulations to the Scobles and welcome to the world Milan!

7. Wow, thanks Thomas. These are the best gifts! Really was great to share a short bit of time with you.ht

8. Noel says:

As the father of a six month old son, I agree with you Thomas…there is nothing greater than holding a tiny newborn in your hand. And it is a gift to watch them grow. I am trying to figure out how to transfer my sons 365 project from flickr to Zooomr…I have some amazing photos…

And Scoble clan…congrats!

9. CJ Millisock says:

Beautiful. :_)

And congratulations Robert. I’m truly happy for you!!

10. dawn says:

I was present (and photographing) the births of all four of my nieces and nephews. There is nothing better than to see that precious life come in to the world.

Some of the photographs we have from those four events are the best ones. They show us at our best — family loving one another and there for the most important moments in life.

I wish the whole Scoble family much love and enjoyment. This is a wonderful time.

11. ines says:

What amazing shots! They will surely treasure forever!

12. jennifer allen newton says:

Absolutely beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing them.

13. Hi Thomas,

The Scoble family is so lucky to have these images – the person who will likely love them the most is Maryram when she is fully recovered. While I had instructed my mom to take no pictures she could not help herself and with all of the medication and the exhaustion of a difficult labor she was able to capture moments about which I have no memory and I love those images more than one can imagine.

14. Maryam loves these photos. I’m just uploading mine, too, and Patrick just uploaded his. Lots of happy moments in the past few days.

Thank you Thomas, we’ll treasure these always!h