Dave Matthews Hates His Fans

Please, No, No More Dave Matthews, Please, Stop the Torture Stop the torture. No more Dave Matthews please!

Digital Media Thoughts – Digital Media News & Views: Yes, yes, I know an explosive and perhaps untrue headline, but every time I read another post about someone having trouble ripping their Dave Matthews CD FOR FAIR USE it drives me nuts.

No Comments

I heard about this advertising scheme on a another blog, that gives away free computers. It sounded like a scam, but after I googled it, it was legitmiate. You have to sign up for an offer from one the sponser companies. I did the free credit report one and canceled before the free trial time was up. That was it! I just recieved my new mini computer and it didn’t cost me a thing! Here’s the link if you’re on as tight of a budget as I am.

2. Hubert Kay says:

Dave Matthews is like all the others: he started out well, did some good music, had the right messge. Then he fell for the lure of easy money and sold off his fan’s loyalty. Good riddance!

3. I’m not sure that Dave Matthews is the one who hates his fans, since his website provides instructions on how to get around the DRM.

George, those instructions are a lame after the fact attempt to stop the negative criticism which poured in over his CD when it was released with the horid DRM. For a while the top Google search for his CD was a negative article about the DRM.

Notice that there is no comment from him about the unfortunate DRM. Dave Matthews is big enough that if he doesn’t want DRM on his CDs he doesn’t have to have it.

You are a fucking idiot. Obviously, you do not do any research hand don’t know anything about Dave because he gives more to fans then any other artist(s) out there. He doesn’t care how people obtain his music because he just wants them to listen to it.

Talk about something you actually have knowledge of you dumb piece of shit. Don’t go writing on your shitty blog about untruthful statements.

i agree with anonymous right above me. just look around. Dave is one of the few remaining artists who not only allows taping, but oes out of his way to find venues who allow it. “dreamingtree.org” check it out. he loves music. he knows we do… dave loves his fans more than many greedy “artists” these days.

7. Dustin says:

I agree with the last two comments. Anyone who says Dave doesn’t care about his fans is really just an idiot and has really never listened to Dave, gone to a show, visited one of the many websites (i.e. afore mentioned dreamingtree.org, antsmarching.org, liog.org, weeklydavespeak.com, and many others) where you can download any song ever played by Dave at any live show. And, although this may not be the best arguement, he has a song devoted to thanking his audience. So, you are sorely mistaken if you think Dave is just out to make money and doesn’t care about his fans.