Reflections on Manhattan

Public Art

Dog Park

East 42nd Street

Bleeker and Barrow

Air Conditioners

Paul

Kenneth Cole, What’s Your Fashion Statement?

When I’m 64

Essex House

F Train

Commodore Criterion

Meet Miss Subway

Village Voice

Add my Photoblog as a Photoblog.orgs favorite

What a *fabulous* series — this is AMAZING WORK. I really loved them all, but “Overhead Central Park Morning” was my favorite.

-myla kent

Hi Thomas, I’ve discovered your blog these very moments and I’ve decided to hurry up in sending you all my happiness because I’ve bumped into your work. Great, it’s fantastic: I love street photography and I absolutely have to visit NYC one day and hope to stay as long as I can.
    Again, huge stuff I’m seeing on your photoblog!

stef – utterweb.com

These are some incredible photos.

Photos say more than words and these are BRILLIANT!
    I was there and these photos show the very best of Manhattan in the finest artistic way.
    Incredible!

5. Javier says:

Hey, nice photos, can i take one ?

I love street photography

You are a brilliant photogrpher. Don’t stop.

Just used your pic “air conditioners” for my iTunes Rap – Put it in the Air by M.O.P.

Cordially,

cool!

I love your beautiful photos. I have never been to manhattan, but you make it look so wonderful that I really must go.
    Thank you for showing these.

My name is Fanny and I’m French. I have discovered your blog and It’s more than worlds. In french I only said “véritablement iréelle.Du grand art.”
    If you come to Paris, TAKES PHOTOS!
    Thanks for all, your art, your heart and your eyes.
    Fanny.

Best photos ever………….
    more than inspiring!

12. izzy says:

Cool photos! Lovin the upper east side jimmy choo shoe!

13. ray says:

that’s great. colorful life, you took these fantastic scenery and moments. it’s pretty to live in a city like this… and wondering how u can post so much pictures on yr wed. incredible!

14. Gloria says:

Tank you for yor photo
    I love United States, and I wish I’ll live a day in their

15. Malienus says:

Nice photos, some really artistic, others may seem meaningless.

Excellent photos – never been to NY, but hope to one day. You’ve captured it perfectly! Don’t stop.
    Elizabeth

Bonjour,

il n’y a que des commentaires en Anglais alors je vais la faire Originale en français.

Je n’aime pas trop les USA pour leur président et leur politique extérieur. Mais je dois dire qu’ils ont énormément à montrer.
    Par exemple cette ville, et particulèrement Manhattan me passionne de plus en plus.

Pour les photos, elles sont excellentes, Si j’y vais, je vous passerez les miennes.
    A+
    NONO – Belgium

moi aussi je vais laisser un com en francais.Je suis tombée par hasard sur ce site et j’adore ces photos et tout particulièrement la ville de New York.Je crève d’envie d’y aller et certaines photos font vraiment rêver!!!bisous tlm

19. pawl says:

peace

20. Nitrox says:

et ben moi aussi je fais un commentaire originale !!! je suis tomber sur ce site au hasard je cherchais des photos de la 5° avenue et je suis tomber sur ce site !!! les phots son tres belles !!!

i LOVE ny… tus fotos son LO MAXIMO for real… muestran la verdadera escencia de la ciudad de NY… muestra tu pasion por la fotografia y en realidad la belleza de esa ciudad… sigue asi de verdad son muy buenas las fotos!!!

Nice pics! they are so colourful,even during rain.
    I will b in NYC from Oct 3 till Oct 12. Can’t wait! yay

Adriaan, The Netherlands

23. eric says:

Thomas, This is beautiful work. I have been most everywhere you have shot and must say you did a great job capturing not just the image, but the feel. NYC is one of the few places in the world like that for me. I not only see the city, I feel it, if that makes any sense. Your pics provide that sense. Do you do any digital enhancement in photoshop? When I view “Central Park, Upper Eastside, full-size it appears to be digitally painted. This is a very, very cool look.
    Great Job!!!!

Thankyou man these are beautiful, I’ve been havinga rough time lately been quite depressed but these pictures really made me feel better ina strange way. thankyou!

25. Niibin says:

Hello!
    I love your photographs.
    I forever wanted to explore New York, and I felt your photos. I hope New York is as you portray them in your photographs.

Your photos allow me to imagine.
    Nice work!

26. Dora, Greece says:

I’ve never been in NY but have always dreamed of a visit if not of a life there so.. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR VIEW OF THE CITY WITH US!! KEEP WANDERING KEEP SHOOTING!!!

Lovely pictures, when you view them, dont even need to comment, picture says it all.

Beautiful pictures, dont even need to explain, picture says it all
    Dee

“yesterday” was good…

a great accident for me;).

31. jurate says:

great..i love ny and i really like this photos..dont stop:)

great photography.
    clear graphices. very nice.

33. kylie says:

extremly impressed by your picutres, THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!! ill be checking out your site more often to see them!

34. un says:

So you have a new Camara this year?
    I love your new pieces.

35. Mart says:

Seeing your pictures makes me realise how much i miss the place, booking a ticket for the new year. Great work

36. Charli says:

G’day mate my name is Charli and IM an Aussie.
    Just wanted to let you know that these are some beaut pics! I’ve never been to America but am hoping to go sometime after I finish school.
    Keep up the fantastic work

37. pastelz says:

Thats somethin’ else…:)

Wow. Absolutely beautiful work! I am biased because I really love NYC but this is really cool stuff! My favorites include:

Gentlemen
    Don’t Block the Box
    Life
    Next to Nobu
    Air Conditioners
    Martinis for Two
    Central Park Groundskeepers

– Tiia from Finland

Your pictures are beautiful.

Superiigas bildiites… 🙂

41. marta says:

…i love NY so much!! i’m looking forward to coming to new york (at cristhmas)!!! my english isn’t perfect because i’m an italian girl….but in my heart i’m an american girl!!!
    the photos are WONDERFUL! don’t stop to make it!!

I like it so much, I wonder if it’s photography or theft from someone’s memory… deeply touching.

Not bad work my friend. Keep it up. The EYE is the limit…

damn good pictures… here in the netherlands we love what you’re doing!within a year we go to NY to see it by ourself:) Thanks…

hello, I am Belgian, I to adore photography, in your case, I tell you “respect”, low hat, congratulation, Yours sincerely. Fredericlaurent402@hotmail.com

hey! awesome NY pictures… I was looking for decoration for my Florida room, and since going to NY is a dream of mine, I’m gonna put them around in black and white! Keep up the excellent work!

-Sterling

47. chelsea ember says:

Wow. I am truely amazed. These pictures made remember why i lovednew york in the first place. Thhanks you. These are really great.

48. ndeamonk says:

absolutely beautiful. my friend you have a lovely eye. your photos have so much awareness in them. there are all most like confirmation that life exists in places other than the space that one occupies.

49. Hi, I´ ve been looking at these interesting photos, and I took one for my blog-Imagine. As you may like to be my guest, and to see by yourself this photo in my blog, please, just take a look too.

WISHING YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006.

so cool. i emailed all my friends this page that i just happend to come across. i would love to see some more of your work, and is it possible to buy any of it?
    erica_moreira@cingular.suth.com

hello, nice photos, found them while looking on google 4 faces.
    by the way i <3 NY

52. David says:

No jsou to pekne fota ale jak tam ziji tak musim z vlastni skusenosti rici ze to neni az tak super jak se to na tech fotkach jevi. Jo no proste spanelskuse nic nevyrovna a hlavne ne kanarum. Tak zatim Cao

53. Negrita says:

SON UNAS FOTOS EXCELENTES

54. Gabe_may says:

Ohh, New York is my fav town,
    and u showed me lot..i haven’t been there, cos I live in Europe, but one day i will be there for sure.

55. Dimyhp says:

poooo mew brother mto loko teu baguio ai massa mesmo curto pra caraio essa city mas ainda nao tive oportunidade de conhecer mas logo q de eu vo ai mano
    salve dimy hp
    09/01/06 lajeado/rs/br

Hello!

I’m French… And I can take a message in french!

Je suis tombé sur votre site web en cherchant des photos prises par le satellite SOHO.
    Quelle merveilleuse surprise que de trouver d’aussi belles photos de Manathan… Un vrai régal!

Je vous invite donc à continuer, car vos photos sont fabuleuses…

Signed by a french

the netherlands,
    keep up de good work, it looks so real, you have gift,tallent etc.

Hi Thomas,
    gefällt mir ganz gut.
    Gruß Andreas

These photos are brilliant! I’ve lived on the west coast my entire life (which, granted, is only 19 years, but still) and a couple of years ago, I went to Manhattan and fell in love with the place. I love your pictures because you show that optimism is not dead in the city. You have a true artist’s touch and I appreciate it. Thank you for sharing your view.

peace,
    Amalia.

(p.s. you should take pictures in Times Square so I can romanticize them.)

Nice pictures!!!! Now i can’t say anymore that i’ve never been to the United States!!!! I love your pictures!

Wow…there aren’t words. I heart New York!!!

hey!
    My name is Marie, i’m french. thanks for these wonderful pictures now I’m ready to live in new york because it seems to be a very magic city.

63. José Antonio = Joseph Anthony says:

hey Man !! I loved this pictures,i don’t know what say !! I’m from Brazil,and I have a dream,that is go to NY,walk in the central park,sixth avenue …beatiful photos !! casual photos,like in sixth avenue and the guy playing her guitar in the C. Park …congratulations !!

I’ll tell about your blogger to my friends and family !!

“nice to meet you” not really,but was like !

ur pictures are really beautiful! I’ve been to New York 4 times and I’ve always woundered if anyone saw New York the way I did. Now I see that Im really not alone in the world. U did a really good job, their really awsome.

~Alex from Chicago

65. sasha,bosnia says:

Super photos

i saw all the pictures
    it’s so nice
    i want to go to New York City..

Brilliant

Hi, I’m french and I ‘ve never been to NY but I hope I could visit it one day and your pictures make me more impatient. Thanks. Ses photos donnent vraiment une belle image de la ville, certaines sont très artistiques. Bravo!

David –France (Basse-Normandie)

Great Photos …..

70. K Erickson says:

These photos show whay New York is, the best. Great photos…

71. pizza ed says:

What a great photo essay on the Big Apple…in all its moods.

Thankyou very much for these great pictures! I will be visiting NY, in a couple of weeks and you have made me even more excited.

73. Cameron says:

Wow! Just amazing!
    These photo’s should be in a travel brochure! Keep on Snapping!

74. Cameron says:

Wow! Just Amazing!
    These photo’s should be in a travel brochure!

Loved it ALL. Awesome. You have captured and documented and illuminated the beauty of NYC. Breath-taking.

– kal

76. v1n1c1u5 says:

what a pix collection! congrats! u made me fell as my eyes were around manhatan again! nice light captures! keep going! you may be going towards your best shot ever! do you want to see the my best shot? take a look at: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/globaltripper/Amsterdam/79ed5a0d.jpg
    my personal online album.
    this especial one is a spoon full of inspiration! such a joy. let me know what you thought about the picture from the link up here: momentocelestial@yahoo.com.br
    ciao ciao!

WHat A Geek!!

Amazing pictures you take from that beatiful city called New York, I loved it when I was ter and I loved your pictures, they just bring me down all the memories. They’re perfect.

79. nerdska says:

Greetings from Singapore.
    Beautiful images. Truly inspiring.
    You make me wanna pick up my camera and take photos again. 🙂

WOW i love your pictures!
    I think you like the beatles, right? xD

You really get these people, thier characters… love the strawberry skies pic. i went to new york last year, and found it kind of fake… but i think i need to look a bit harder.

amazing! true art, there is something behind it thats just good!

you are so talented! i’ve never been to NY but i think i would love it there! (thanks for giving me some ideas also:))

Love these photos. Imaginative…

i find that, with the exception of a few photographs, you have the talent of a student in highschool.

86. Cris says:

great work! loved it!

HI Thomas

Really a good one!!! I enjoyed the whole lot of it !!!! Hoping to visit NYC in the near future.

steve
    india

Quel merveilleuses photos ! Honnetement, je suis française mais je rêve de venir visiter les États Unis et particulierment New York. Cette ville représente beaucoup de chose pour moi pourtant, je n’y suis jamais allée mais je suis attiré par ces quartiers, ces ruelles si bien illustrées par ces superbes clichés de Manhattan ! Ma préféré est sans aucun doute celle de Manhattan in the morning !

Tis is a great blog, I love New York and finding these photos was a great thing !

89. Neo says:

man this series is supberb! I really like the street pictures 😀 😀

90. These photographs are amazing. I was astounded by the creativity you found in everyday life. I am not an art critic or conniseur in any form or fashion, but I do know what I like, and I loved these. I just chanced upon them on the internet by searching i.love.mark on Google and found one of your photos. I am glad I did. Wonderful, fantastic, touching.

Audri

91. These photographs are amazing. I was astounded by the creativity you found in everyday life. I am not an art critic or conniseur in any form or fashion, but I do know what I like, and I loved these. I just chanced upon them on the internet by searching i.love.mark on Google and found one of your photos. I am glad I did. Wonderful, fantastic, touching.

Audri

BRILLIANT WORK!!!

93. David says:

I have to say that all your pictures are absolutly amazing! I can even feel the energy of new york in everysingle photo and that is quite exciting.

94. viv says:

i love the vibrant colours! your work gave me a taste of nyc 🙂
    Viv, United Kingdom

95. Pam, Middlesbrough, England says:

Loved your photos. Visited New York in September 2004. Went EVERYWHERE! Loved the John Lennon memorial. Empire State Building, 5th Avenue. EVERYTHING! Even bought bracelets from Tiffany’s!

96. Pam, Middlesbrough, England says:

Loved your photos. They are so natural. Visited New York in September 2004. Went EVERYWHERE! Loved the John Lennon memorial. Empire State Building, 5th Avenue. EVERYTHING! Even bought bracelets from Tiffany’s!

Beutiful photos and thanx for posting them. US is such a beutiful place. But I Still love city Johannesburg and my country South Africa. But one day I promise to visit New York and Carlifonia.

98. Elske says:

I’ve only got one word for your photos: WOW! I live in NYC and love it, but after seeing your work, I love it even more!

Elske *-*

Your pics are very good. I like them all.And also they reminds me at our vacation in the states. Thank you

100. Stefan from Germany says:

I had never been in New York, but now I must. 😉

Great photos!

hi i`m chilean … forgive my english…. but i love NY i go there every time i can….
    Chile is a great country but we don`t have cities like NY… and I think there is not other country with a citie like this….
    congratulations for this page i like every pic….
    bye
    VIVA CHILE MIERDA!!!!!
    AWANTE LOS PANZERS
    AWANTE WANDERITO

Hi!!
    We are italians and we meet your NY photoblog randomly on internet.
    We hope to visit NY as soon as possible, in particular in the next year for our WEDDING!!
    Your photoblog made us fall in love for the “Big Apple”.

Ciao!!
    Sara e Francesco

103. Marta says:

cos wspanialego!
    ohh!

Poland

wonderful pictures! I am in love with this city since 5 years, and so happy to go to NY for 2 months in two weeks! I’ll take many pictures and I’ll go to the NY library she’s just magic…
    thanks for those dream pictures

I lived in New York my whole life. I grew up in Queens and did not really discover Manhattan until I was about 20. For the past 25 years my line of work has taken me all over Manhattan, uptown, downtown, eastside and westside sometimes all in one day. Your photos helped me relive how I felt when I first started to explore and discover this place. Wow the memories…..

Loved the photos

106. Aracelie says:

Wow all your pictures are really something else but my favorite is the Subway, Circa 1970 . i love it

107. Lucy D says:

Hi THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHOWING YOUR PICTURES!! I think there amazing.. wud you mind if i used some for my gcse art work because i wud love to use them for insperation!!

arriving New York 6 June – on Queen Mary – a once in a lifetime journey and your pictures make it seem even more of a dream I CAN’T WAIT to see how it compares to London – a Tale of Two Cities?

magniphique
    ces splendides photos m’ont donner l’irresistible envie d’aller habiter New York .
    un reve de plus à atteindre .
    Merci pour ce voyage pictural ^^ .
    bravo c’est superbe .

110. Rodney pate says:

great pictures i loved them all . you have great tallent .
    modest mouse is a great band ,they should use tat picture of yours as a album cover.

Hello, thanks for these nice photos! I love these kind of moments of real life…
    gyula tompos from hungary

Your photos are really beautiful!
    I really appreciate how you’ve captured those lovely instances in normal day to day moments!
    Love them!!

Beautifully captivating work fallowed up with creative headings…can’t really ask for more.
    Great Job!

‘Making Love’ = Irony

niektóre z tych zdjęć są swietne. Potrafisz znaleźć światło, przestrzeń i ludzi. to piękne fotografie, mamnieco inne wyczucie kadru ale bardzo mi się podobają.

you captured spectacular.

hey thomas!
    my name is vibe,i’m 17 years old and i come from Denmark! i can’t describe how i feel when i saw your picturs. They are so fantastic. i don’t know what to say. You are amazing..

vibe:D

Wow!
    Your photograghy of art is just simply amazing. Everyone of your pictures had its own personal touch. great work! My name is Christine and im 15 years old.Ive always loved photograghy,this coming up year in school im taking it. And by seeing what you have captured on camra, its such an insperation to me!

I like America & Americans also but not all but i pray to my Allah(swt) that Bush gets assasinated soon and America becomes poor.

speechlesss i would love to see the world thru you eyes ! there amazing!

Hi. I’m a photographer from Poland. I think that NYC is very exciting place.

I like Your photos but I think You should take care aobut “art-side”

Look at photos with air condishining. There is somethig beautiful because is ambigous.

I like when reality picture makes abstract picture on photos.
    When good frame is full of shadows and some strange paterns with deeps.

If You want to read it’s my adress:
    wiaderczan@op.pl

121. Brasileira says:

Nossa, q massa essas imagens bem nada a ver, mas eh massa!!
    FROM BRAZIL!!!
    Visitem meu flog: http://www.flogao.com.br/vampiradometal

122. Angelica says:

You are very talented 😉

Hey,

I came back from new york yesterday. It was great! And i love youre photos!

Ga zo door!!!

real nice, go to stockholm and do the same thing, i promise you, it will be worth it.

/ak

Just to say “thank you!”for make me smile am from Thailand..love you

wow. “naked” is amazing. love it. i don’t know jacksquat about photography, but your pictures really convey the unspeakable experiences.

127. Patrick says:

This is precisely the kind of photography I’ve always enjoyed. People in their lives. I like your eye. You have to get in there and take risks to capture images such as this.

these are great photos. they make me miss new york. i loved the titles too.

129. Tina says:

your photos are amazing. they’re making me extremely homesick